Culinary experience package in Nordic Cookery spirit (2-days)
From 2595 SEKper person
Follow Tareq’s trip around Halmstad. Experience the contrast between the pulse of Tylösand and the tranquillity of the countryside with the locals whose products tell of Halland’s Danish heritage. Why not invite yourself and someone you like on the same experience as Tareq? Book your own experience package here:<br/><br/>Stay at Kvibille Gästgivaregård and enjoy a culinary experience with elements from Nordic Cookery and have a picnic in beatuiful surroundings.
BBC News chose to send celebrity chef Tareq Taylor to discover Halmstad in the series Nordic Cookery. 80 million viewers from 114 countries will see him summarize his visit: Halmstad offers up fantastic local specialties, youthful happiness, proud traditions and glorious countryside – in a culinary explosion.
Kvibille Gästgiverigård, parts of which date back to the 17th century, is situated in the middle of Halland, between Halmstad and Falkenberg.
- Day 1: Arrive at Kvibille Gästgiverigård and sleep in room with a traditional atmosphere.
- Day 2: After a good night’s sleep and a wonderful breakfast, head off on your day out, on a bicycle or by car. Visit Danska Fall in beautiful Simlångsdalen. You will be given a picnic basket to take with you, filled with food inspired by the raw ingredients used on the Nordic Cookery programme.
After a day filled with lovely experiences you can get new energy with a Nordic cookery inspired dinner.
- Starter: salmon from Görvik with kale from Lilla Skee in Harplinge
- Main course: Stallenbergare – turkey burger from Stallberg
- Dessert: Kalvdans pudding from Wapnö
- Cheese board with blue cheese and cheddar from Kvibille
The package includes: 2 nights (sharing a double room)
2 wonderful breakfasts, 1 four-course dinner á la Nordic Cookery, 1 locally produced picnic basket for a cycle tour (or car if you prefer)
Price per person SEK 2,595
e-bike rental SEK 250 per day and cycle helmet rental SEK 60 per day
If you want to experience more of Halmstad, buy Halmstad City Card!